How do you do line in recordingd with the DS-71 since it is a voice recorder. you can't compare the Olympus recorders in the same class as the Edirol or Plextalk pocket.

----- Original Message ----- From: "G-Dog" <luci...@shaw.ca>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: Digital recorders again.

Agreed!

accessability is a very important factor but it doesn't equate to
performance.
I use the olympus DS-71 which does an excellent job for both mike and line
in recordings.
Yes, you can monitor through headphones.
I also like the fact that it uses AAA batteries that makes it easy to swap
them out if needed.

I hear the Edital R9 is also a nifty unit

G-Doggy-dog!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Toews" <br...@ogts.net>