The plextalk have their own voice for reading most prompts, but the nuance
vocaliser voices such as Samantha and Tom for US and Daniel and Emmily for
the UK are used for reading text/doc files.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of kathy szinnyey
Sent: Saturday, 10 October 2009 2:15 PM
To: tgr...@cavtel.net; PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Blind Computer Users Plextalk Pocket ptp1
version3.0firmwarenowavailable.

Does anyone know what speech synthesizer is used in the Plextalk?  I'm
attracted to the recording ability of the plextalk, I know that the
booksense uses neospeech and I'm not fond of the reading voices used by the
Stream. I do have a Braille plus which I like a lot, but I would like a
backup device, and I'm torn between the Booksense and the Plextalk at this
point.

Peace,
Kathy