Thanks for posting this, I had recommended the Zenstone in the past but I was told that the newer models aren't accessible? I'm not sure if this is true or not as I haven't seen one in a while but - supposing it is - then an Ipod Nano - particularly one of the newer models with Voiceover built-in - would be worth considering.

An Ipod touch maybe but they're getting rather expensive whereas a Nano is more in the price range of a Zenstone.

You also get many of the features I recall being on the Zenstone player such as FM radio, Memo voice recording and son on, all fully accessible.