Another problem with Zenstone
 My Zenstone, 1 gb, goes back about 1/2 hours after recharging; and goes to
the beginning of the book after about 7-8 hours of play.  Any solution??
thanks, Don----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chalt...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: ZenStone Question

This is not my understanding of how USB drives work. I tried to find a
good reference to point to but I couldn't find one because I got so many
hits for utilities to create the equivalent of a recycle bin on a USB
drive. I'm pretty confident that Windows doesn't place a recycle bin on
your USB drive or your Zen Stone. I know I've never seen one on any of
my USB drives, and I've never mysteriously lost space on a USB drive to
a hidden recycle bin. I've also never had the problem where the Zen
Stone would play files that I had deleted.

Have you tried a hard reset on your Zen Stone, i.e. using a pin to press
the pin hole reset button? There may be a problem with your running
firmware. It looks like someone deleted the beginning of the thread
below, but I think I heard you say that reformatting the Zen Stone
temporarily fixes the problem. If resetting the Zen Stone doesn't take
care of it, you might try updating the FW on the Zen Stone. I haven't
done this in a while, but I think there are several ways to do this,
i.e. use Creative Media Lite or download a FW updating executable.

I'm also no filesystems expert, but I would think removing you're Zen
Stone without using the safely remove option could result in the
corruption of your Zen Stone's filesystem. I would think that once your
filesystem was corrupted, "results would be unpredictable" as they say,
and you could definitely be seeing the symptoms of such a corruption.

Good luck!

Christopher
chalt...@gmail.com <mailto:chalt...@gmail.com>