Hi, Tom.
Tlad I could help you discover that you have the lame MP3 encoder after all.
Unfortunately, I will have to defer to other listers who have experience
using Total Recorder to tell you how many bit rate and sampling rate options
it has. BTW, one of the first things you'll want to do in Goldwave is to set
your record time to "unbound." This control is found in the user control
preferences which is accessed with the F11 key. Then type ctrl+ttab to get
to record preferences and tab through this dialog.
Another trap for the unwary with Goldwave is that the video intercept
manager of JAWS may conflict with the video attributes in goldwave which
control how the visual wave form presents itself on screen. I learned the
hard way by having JAWS crash about every 20 minutes or so during normal
record and playback. To head this off, go to the video attributes tab in
your control preferences menu and set any video controls you can to "blank."
These changes in video settings has completely resolved the JAWS video
conflict. I don't know what screen reader you use, but it's logical to
surmise that if you have this kind of problem with your screen reader the
cause and the solution will probably be the same.
Good luck with Goldwave and have fun!
Best regards
Rob Tabor
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Kaufman" <[email protected]>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 12:00 AM
Subject: Re: goldwave questions
Hello Rob and list: Yes..that was most helpful in solving this "lame
Encoder" mystery! I searched..and found that there are four occurrences
of that "Lame encoder"..I remember someone saying on this list that, in
order to make MP3 files, one _had_ to have the "Lame Encoder" in order to
do this! There was nothing in the "programs" menu that indicated that I
had it; nor did I see anything in "Add/Remove" programs, so I was somewhat
mystified! I know I have recorded and played countless MP3 files..but how
could this be if I didn't have the encoder? Guess it's all in knowing
what the exact name is..and knowing exactly how to go about looking for
it! Also..I thought this was the case concerning "Gold Wave (that you
couldn't schedule it to record when you weren't going to be around)..I
actually did download what is supposed to be a "trial version" of Gold
Wave..but haven't done anything with it yet; I mainly had wanted to get
Gold Wave so I would have more flexibility of changing bit and sample rate
in files if I needed to (Total Recorder will do this)..but as I understand
it, Gold Wave will give you more choices! Is this correct?
Tom Kaufman
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]