Hi everyone!

Its said that everyone should "Expect the unexpected" and that's precisely what 
happened to me today.

A bit of background, I use a Windows PC and the best product around for editing 
audio in a Windows Environment would have to be Goldwave, its a good value for 
money editor and the author is going out of his way to make the software 
totally accessible.  Anyway I was on the Goldwave site today to report an issue 
I was having and to see whether the issue could be resolved or whether a 
"workaround" existed when I came across an interesting question in the "FAQ" 
section of the support site, "Is their a version of Goldwave for the Mac?" I 
looked up the answer and the answer was "At this time their is not a version of 
Goldwave available for the Mac OS", after this the site presented me with 
several links to audio editing alternatives which included Sound Studio and one 
I'd never heard of called Peaks Pro at http://www.bias-inc.com/products/

I downloaded the software and though I've played with it in a very short space 
of time I can't help being impressed with what I've seen so far, Peaks is a 
true Audio editing and Mastering tool with many features that only top end 
sound production suites offer.  As you'll see from the web site many additional 
plug-ins and options are available to turn tPeaks into what would seem to be an 
incredible home studio so if this software proves to be accessible then we may 
be on a winner and I can only hope that the developers will be interested in 
finding solutions to problems if indeed any exist.

So far I haven't had time to try and navigate round files but I can tell you 
that toolbars seem perfectly accessible and the menu system is bursting at the 
seams with a whole aray of features, commands, functions and options.

Unfortunately the manual for the product is not provided on your local machine, 
its in a PDF document online and it seems to be protected in some way, you 
can't download the manual you can only view it in Preview.


Dane Trethowan
[email protected]

Mobile:/SMS +614571201
Twitter: Http://www.twitter.com/grtdane
MSN: [email protected]
skype: grtdane12




To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to