Hi.  I just tried the software and although the menues spoke, I opened a
.wav file and could not see much in it -- furthermore, I could not press
any buttons in the preferences dialog and some other places and have
them work and even the space bar in the file, even though it said
play/pause, did not play -- the only thing which made it play was going
into the menues and selecting play from the action menu.

Have you gotten any better results?

Dane Trethowan <grtd...@internode.on.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> Its said that everyone should "Expect the unexpected" and that's precisely
> what happened to me today.
>
> A bit of background, I use a Windows PC and the best product around for
> editing audio in a Windows Environment would have to be Goldwave, its a good
> value for money editor and the author is going out of his way to make the
> software totally accessible.  Anyway I was on the Goldwave site today to
> report an issue I was having and to see whether the issue could be resolved
> or whether a "workaround" existed when I came across an interesting question
> in the "FAQ" section of the support site, "Is their a version of Goldwave for
> the Mac?" I looked up the answer and the answer was "At this time their is
> not a version of Goldwave available for the Mac OS", after this the site
> presented me with several links to audio editing alternatives which included
> Sound Studio and one I'd never heard of called Peaks Pro at
> http://www.bias-inc.com/products/
>
> I downloaded the software and though I've played with it in a very short
> space of time I can't help being impressed with what I've seen so far, Peaks
> is a true Audio editing and Mastering tool with many features that only top
> end sound production suites offer.  As you'll see from the web site many
> additional plug-ins and options are available to turn tPeaks into what would
> seem to be an incredible home studio so if this software proves to be
> accessible then we may be on a winner and I can only hope that the developers
> will be interested in finding solutions to problems if indeed any exist.
>
> So far I haven't had time to try and navigate round files but I can tell you
> that toolbars seem perfectly accessible and the menu system is bursting at
> the seams with a whole aray of features, commands, functions and options.
>
> Unfortunately the manual for the product is not provided on your local
> machine, its in a PDF document online and it seems to be protected in some
> way, you can't download the manual you can only view it in Preview.
>

> Dane Trethowan
> grtd...@internode.on.net
>
> Mobile:/SMS +614571201
> Twitter: Http://www.twitter.com/grtdane