To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: Playing of cue files

Cue files are text files, you can edit them in a text editor. They point to positions in an accompanying file and show where tracks begin and end, supply track information to the player etc.

CD burning software such as Exact Audio Copy and Easy CD DA Extractor can make use of them to burn CD'S or to extract audio into other formats.

Audio editors such as Goldwave, Total Recorder and Amadeus Pro make use of them to mark particular positions in an audio file.