Hello David,
Thank you so much for this information. I just downloaded the file and
will install it later today. From your description, it is precisely
what I am looking for. Again, many thanks.
Cordially,
Don Roberts
On 12/20/2010 5:22 AM, David Bailes wrote:
Hi Don,
There's a free version of burnaware which can be used for non-comercial use.
It's a cd/dvd burning program, and it includes the option to display disk info.
You can download the program from the page:
http://www.burnaware.com/downloads.html
There are three "download now" links on this page, and the first one is for the
free version. When you install it, it tries to install the yahoo toolbar unless
you uncheck something.
After opening the program:
1. on the compilation menu, open the utilities sub menu and choose disk info.
2. A disk info window opens. In this window, there's a disk information tab
which contains a list view which contains various properties, including the type
of the disk.
David.
original message:
My Windows 7 64-bit machine came with a copy of Nero 9 which is not at all
accessibleas far as I can determine. So I asked about cd burning programs and
installed Express
Burn which was highly recommended. Although I am quite happy with Express Burn,
the program lacks one feature of earlierversions of Nero which I really like.
Specifically, the ability to examine a CDand determine whether it is a cd or
cdrw, or possibly a DVD or DVDRW. So is therea utility out there which will run
on a Windows 7 64-bit machine which will perform
this function? If so, what is it and where can it be found? Thanks. Don Roberts
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]