Hi Morey,
I had a quick look around the web for examples of this problem, and it seems
that it's not necessarily caused by problems with the sound hardware or driver
-
it can be caused by other drivers not working properly. You can check this by
temporarily disabling certain devices in the device manager and seeing if the
problem goes away. You can disable and then enable a device from the its