I've purchased both the Olympus Ls-7 and the DM-620 and want to post a brief
comparison and review of the two recorders.
The short version: I'm going to return the DM-620 to amazon.
Although both recorders have three mics, the Ls-7 has better mics -- the two
side mics stick out more than the DM-620 mics. there is no comparison re the
quality of voice recordings; the LS-7 gives a much richer, life-like bass
sound to recordings, even when recording in MP# mode.
The DM-620 does not have a "pre-record" mode, which buffers two seconds of
recording; the LS-7 has this mode.
The DM-620 also does not have a 100HZ or 300HZ low-cut filter; you can
either turn the low cut filter on or off on the DM-620.
The LS-7 has a 100HZ and 300HZ low cut filter choice.
 both recorders have the same button configuration, which, in my opinion, is
inferior to the Dm-420 or Dm-520. the record,/pause and stop buttons are on
the front face of both recorders, not on the side as they are on the DM-520.
The case on both recorders is terrible; it is really a sleeve. It does not
have a flap that opens and closes, nor does it have the "kickstand" feature
like the dM-520 case.

Both recorders have the same level of voice guidance; 95% of the menu
choices talk. Neither recorder gives you system memory info, nor can you set
the clock by voice as far as I know.
But all of the record, lay, file, etc, selections speak on both recorders.

In short, if you are looking for an excellent digital recorder, spend a few
more bucks and get the LS-7. You won't be sorry.
.

John Riehl