Hi Chris and list: Okay I went to something that says "administrative tools (I'm assuming this is where you're pointing me to) I went from there to something called "services" found "task scheduler and..guess what? It tells me "automatic local! So this says to me that the task scheduler is working! However, Tapin Radio tells me it's not; go figure! As far as the suggestion of going to reg-edit: I know when something is "out of my league" and unfortunately, I'm not comfortable with going there as I don't wish to permanently mess something up! But if there's yet something else I can do, please let me know!
Thanks,
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chalt...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: tapin radio yet again

I haven't been following this thread, and I don't have Windows up and
running at the moment, so I apologize if I'[m just wasting everyone's
time, but could it just be that the task scheduling service in Windows
has been shut down? Have you done any Windows tuning and turned off any
services you don't think you need? I'd suggest going into your control
panel and looking for administrative services. There should be something
there related to task scheduling (I'd check the names and the
descriptions.) and then make sure they're set to automatic or manual.