That's what Windows Media Center does, you use the computer as a TV.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Hotscot72
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 3:15 AM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: RE: over the air tv on a win 7 machine?

Hello Brett, this is Interesting stuff.
I have been looking for some kinda software to watch television here in the
UK, but it seems a dedicated TV tuner card is the best way to go.
I'm sure there are software packages to allow you to watch live television
on computer systems, but I do not know of any such programs myself.

Just for the record, I have Sky satellite TV,

Billy