I don't know if this is PCAudio related, but I'm using ATT UVerse. With this, I'm able to use the computer to record shows to my DVR, and watch them. It's fairly easy for me to do this way. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hamit Campos" <hamitcam...@gmail.com>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:45 PM
Subject: RE: over the air tv on a win 7 machine?

Yeah, I know. If there where a Media Center list then maybe. But that's the
thing I'm interested in too. Watching cable TV on the PC. Specificly it
would be a Dell XPS-8300. What I'm interested in knowing is will it still
work. But see the problem is you have to then start talking about the
different carriers, Comcast, AT&T Verison and the like. That's where Tom
said it's too deep. I kind of knew it all along, but if you want to find out
what I want to find out, you have no choice but get into it that way. But
yeah, I got the point though, Audio is the main point on this list, but even then you can go too deep. I had to or at least I felt it was wiser for me to take my discussion about HDMI audio with Dain off list because we were going
to discuss graphics cards for a bit. I figured that might be a little too
much. But yeah, let's see what Tom says, but a Windows Media Center kind of
list would really be where this discussion really belongs I guess.