Thank you Bret. Also, is there a way to name tracks automatically in the
format that Winamp uses when ripping CDs, or does that have to be done
manually?

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Brett Boyer
Sent: 21 March 2012 20:31
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Tagging Multiple Files with Winamp

Hi. I am so sorry folks. I guess I didn't proof the message before I sent
it. No it was not done with siri or written in another language. Just my
keyboard!
Ok here we go again
The way I tag multiple files is by using the playlist window in winamp. I
create a playlist of all the files I want to tag then i use control plus a
to select all. At this point I use my right mouse button to open the context

menu, go to the "send to" submenu and in there is an autotagger item. Hit
enter on that and away you go.
Now, I have had a few times where the wrong menu would pop up so I would
have to route my mouse cursor before the right click.
After autotag is complete you can look through the list of all items.  if
winamp isn't sure if a tag is correct the item will not be checked so it's a

good idea to take a glance at the list of files. If there is a file that is
unchecked use the tab key to listen to the old data versus the new data and
see if you like it anyway. Sometimes I've had such a big list I just clicked

the check all button and hoped for the best.
Remember to hit the apply button after you've looked through the list.
If you need more help don't hesitate I've done this many times and I am
amazed at how well winamp finds tags, even with little information.
good luck hth
bb