You can't prevent this from happening -- just kill the total recorder
process (not the scheduler) and go to the sound applet in control panel
and you can get your sounds back that way -- I have to do this every
time I use total recorder.  You can also tell tr to leave system sounds
on, but you might get them during the recording.

Tom Kaufman <tomca...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello list:  You may recall a couple of weeks ago that I lost my Windows
> Sounds!  I was able to get them back, but just lost them again!  Seems like
> Total Recorder is the culprit; question is: how to I stop Total Recorder from
> doing this?  I also am noticing that Total Recorder seems to be "in the
> background" even when I have exited out of it!  It's an older version of TR
> (TR 7) have never had this before, so am wondering if there's something I can
> do to prevent this from happening again?
> Tom Kaufman
> pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org

How do
you spend it?