Hello Don and list: I brought up Total Recorder" and sent a shortcut to the desk top! Guess what? Sounds gone again and what I tried (going to Sounds in control panel and hitting Windows default (at least I think that's what I hit) so far hasn't fixed it! Going to eat breakfast now, but will come back and see what I've got later!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Ball" <donbal...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: Lost My Windows Sounds Again..But Think I Know The Cause!

have a short cut to total recorder so you can start the program and exit it. What is happening is total recorder has its own sound driver wich you can elect to install or not I think. Also in your audio preferences set your sound card as the prefered device and have your pc use only prefered devices.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Kaufman" <tomca...@comcast.net>