Hello Christopher and list: Looking at desk tops for now. Thanks for the feedback and info! I can remember (before I bought this machine) to try and stay away from Dell as whatever they did, their proprietary sound cards (for whatever reason) would not yield enough volume in some chatrooms! That was why I got an Audigy 2 on this one; it works pretty good, although I found that the mic jack in the front on the tower had very low volume! Butt then when I plugged the mic in the back, it was better!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chalt...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: Feedback Needed Concerning Sound Cards

Are you talking about a desktop system or a laptop? Any desktop system should have empty PCIE slots and open USB ports, so you should be fine. If you're talking about a laptop, I think you can get pretty good USB sound cards, so that shouldn't be a problem. There are a few brands of laptops that have paired up with audio companies, so I'd assume they'd have pretty good built in sound cards. HP has a laptop with their Beets system. Good luck.