Don't play a 78RPM disc with a stylus designed for 45- or 33RPM discs - the
shape is different and may damage the older record.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Donald L.
Roberts
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:06 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: turntables

I am wondering whether anyone on list can recommend a turntable which will
play 78 RPM records. Not crazy about USB because of the problems that some
folks have had. I have some old 78s saved since childhood which I would
enjoy playing, so I don't want to sink much money into it.
I do have a preamp which has the appropriate equalization settings for a
magnetic cartridge, but I will be lucky to find anything as I am sure that
most low cost turntables will have ceramic cartridges and probably will be
USB.

So I would appreciate ideas.

Don Roberts