Those old style cartriges went out with the infamous bsr turntables.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Ball" <donbal...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: turntables

I haven't seen a ceramic cartridge sense the seventys. I think that all turn tables have magnetic cartridges now. Most turntables have 78 speed. YOu could probably by a cheap one at radio shack. I bought a numark turntable that has 78 speed for about $250. I have heard on the email lists about portable record players with built in speakers still being around.
Look for record players on amazon and see what you find.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald.robert...@gmail.com>