Sounds as though there's a conflict somewhere, have you checked to see that the
drivers for your Sound Blaster card are compatible with the new operating
system you're running.

I stopped using Sound Blaster cards quite some time  ago, the main reason being
that the software they came supplied with was getting to the point of being
totally inaccessible, the Sound Blaster cards did strange things to the Windows
volume control etc - that was quite some time ago I might add, back when I was
using Windows XP. -

I don't bother with any sound cards now on the Windows PC, the latest PC I
bought - over a year ago - has multi sound devices built-in which work just
fine, - several digital inputs and outputs and a couple of analogue inputs and
outputs, several HDMI outputs etc -.

If you need to buy a new Sound Card then they're amazingly cheap now, probably
because most use the CPU to do all the processing, I'm looking at a very basic
Asus card now for $25.00 which may suit your needs, they go up from there.

On 14/10/2013, at 11:56 AM, "Peter Tighe" <psti...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I have just changed from a 32 bit version of Windows 7 to a 64 bit version.
>
> My old sound card  seems to lock up my mother board!
> I always liked sound blaster audigy sound cards.
>
> My old card doesn't work.
> What Can I use which is similar to the audigy card.
>
> I can accept all kinds of enhancements as long as I can disable or suppress
> them!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter
> pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org