I also use a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 card. When I moved to Win7 64 bit it stopped working as yours has. A visit to Creative's website, with the aid of sighted assistance, for a driver upgrade solved that and it's now as good as it ever was.

Roger

-----Original Message----- From: Peter Tighe
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 1:56 AM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: a 64 bit sound card for an old curmudgeon

I have just changed from a 32 bit version of Windows 7 to a 64 bit version.

My old sound card  seems to lock up my mother board!
I always liked sound blaster audigy sound cards.

My old card doesn't work.
What Can I use which is similar to the audigy card.

I can accept all kinds of enhancements as long as I can disable or suppress them!

Thanks,

Peter