hmmm, do you have the same sound card in your old machine as in the new
one?  This may be the difference, although I have never seen that stereo
mix in Windows 7, but maybe you had it in that particular sound card.

Total recorder video professional is what I recomend and I think it must
be $50 or there abouts.

Hope this helps.

brian parker <brian.parke...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> Hi, thanks for your message. there is a problem. certainly this
> windows 7 doesn't seem to have stereo mix in it. the trouble is, that
> when my previous machine showed signs of packing up, that also had
> windows 7 as its operating system. and with that machine i used
> soundforge for line-in and recording from radio on the internet. so,
> how could one lot of windows7 have stereo mix, and not another one. is
> total recorder a free system. it doesn't matter as i can afford to buy
> it if it is one for sale. brian.

> pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org

How do
you spend it?