From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Pattison
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2014 8:29 PM
To: PC Audio
Subject: Is Integrated Sound Adequate?

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a new computer. With the rapid advancements in
motherboards and hardware generally I'm interested in people's thoughts
about whether it's still better to buy a dedicated sound card or have we now
reached the stage where using integrated sound on the motherboard is
adequate? I bought my current PC in July 2008 so it is about six years old.
I'm currently running a Creative sound card.

I've never used integrated sound on the motherboard on my home PC before.
Also I don't need the most expensive sound card available but I don't want
it to be too basic either. One feature I would like is the ability to
provide some type of virtual surround sound as I have limited space where my
PC is located and only room for a two speaker system.

I appreciate there is no right or wrong answer to this question but I
thought this list would be a good place to ask because there are bound to be
a lot of people who are a bit more fussy about audio quality etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Regards Steve.