Do you want one sound card for window Eyes and another for other audio?

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Pattison Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2014 10:29 AM To: PC Audio Subject: Is Integrated Sound Adequate?
Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a new computer. With the rapid advancements in motherboards and hardware generally I'm interested in people's thoughts about whether it's still better to buy a dedicated sound card or have we now reached the stage where using integrated sound on the motherboard is adequate? I bought my current PC in July 2008 so it is about six years old. I'm currently running a Creative sound card.

I've never used integrated sound on the motherboard on my home PC before. Also I don't need the most expensive sound card available but I don't want it to be too basic either. One feature I would like is the ability to provide some type of virtual surround sound as I have limited space where my PC is located and only room for a two speaker system.

I appreciate there is no right or wrong answer to this question but I thought this list would be a good place to ask because there are bound to be a lot of people who are a bit more fussy about audio quality etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Regards Steve.