I'm an iPhone 5 user. I use Siri and Voice Over for most of what I do with a phone--send text messages, make calls. I upgraded to 8 because of an article much like the one in this message which I have just read most if not all of. I'm now using 8.0.2. I have had enough problems with VO and Siri that I re-installed 8.0.2. Some slight improvement after that but not much. The problem I have in particular is the inability to place a call or send a text message reliably. To me, that, and not the bells and whistles, is why I got the phone. Whether my experience is typical I cannot say. Nor can I say whether it's because of my 16-G iPhone 5. But, unless you really need the bells and whistles, I'd be somewhat cautious about the upgrade. Hype is nice, but I've already seen the Jetsons world and I can't use a device because of hype.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2014 1:13 AM
Subject: Evaluation: iPhone 6 and iOS 8: A Look at Accessibility with the Help of iOS Without the Eye, by Jonathan Mosen - AccessWorld® - October 2014

If You're thinking about upgrading to IOS 8, already done the upgrade or just want to find out what all the fuss is about when it comes to the new iPhones as far as audio and accessibility etc goes then I strongly recommend you read this article.

http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw151003

**********

Dane Trethowan
grtd...@internode.on.net