I’ll just explain it again to avoid any confusion.

FaceTime can now be used to dial out - make calls - and answer - receive calls
- from your iPhone if its on the same Wi-Fi network as your Mac, the sound from
your iPhone goes through your Mac so - instead of listening to your iPhones
hands free speaker or the receiver speaker - you can hook up your favourite
headset to your computer.