Not if you're in a busy street and you do not know they are there.

It doesn't seem like hype to me. and let's face it, if it isn't hype
and is genuine wouldn't you say it's pretty amazing? it can read books
to you aparrently and personally I'd be willing to risk a bit of
funding for such a life-changing thing.
I've spent money on things I hardly use, cds I hardly play, etc, but
the point is if this doesn't get the funding it needs and is what they
say it is and can do what they say it can, the entire blind comunity
is seriously missing out.
Why don't those of us with specific questions ask the developers them?