Hi Jamie.  Thanks for your message.

I'm using a Shure SM58, which I understand to be one of the most
commonly-used all-purpose vocal mics.  I plug my mic into a mixer
rather than using a USB mic ... do you have any better suggestions?  I
do use a pop shield, so I don't have issues with plosives, but the
Braille display and mouth noises seem more evident than I expected.

Also, I wasn't aware that there were Jaws scripts for Sound Forge.  I
used SF before I started with GoldWave many years ago and, generally,
I think GoldWave works just as well.  However, if you can please
advise on how to obtain the scripts for SF it might be worth
contemplating.

Many thanks, Danny