Hmm, the RTN16U is getting a little old now as is the current RTN56U offering I'm using, I'm planning an upgrade to an RTAC87U later on this year which will give me better performance still when listening/streaming audio files.

Don't know much about Netgear stuff, I guess we'reall creatures of habit but I do know one thing, if you want to optimize everything then stay away from all those pieces of equipment that promise you the world in one box.

On 24/03/2015 3:39 AM, Rick Alfaro wrote:
Agreed, the router can also be a big factor. I recently replaced my Asus
rt-n16u with a NetGear R7000 also referred to as the NightHawk which also has
some terrific ratings. It performs like a champ.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 12:19 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: WD My Cloud For Storing Audio

Exactly, a lot of the earlier devices were under powered when it came to
processing.

There are other factors of course, the Rooter itself for example.

I don't want to appear to be boasting but it would seem that - according
to all the Rooter reviews I've studied - that I have one of the best
Rooters around today which is an Asus RTN56U which can handle 300,000
data operations per second, there are better of course but at $100 when
I bought it 2 years ago? Well I couldn't be happier.