Well, see, there aren't any actual download links, hence my reason for writing to the list. For an example of what I mean, go to http://www.formatchange.com, go to changes by city and just for fun, choose chicago. You'll see different links for different stations. the first one says 103.9 the groove debuts. If you press enter on that link and go a ways down the page, you'll find an html 5 player with a play button. if you press it, the audio starts to play, but there's no download link. What I'd like to do is capture that audio in an mp3 file. i'm hoping that makes a little more sense, sorry if the subject line wasn't clear. :)

On 7/8/2015 10:43 AM, Petro T. Giannakopoulos wrote:
If you can provide 2 or 3 direct URLs so I can test the streams for you. Are they live or archived? If you use JAWS I have a software program that will work for sure but will not name it here. Its not free. Also it will capture instead of doing a second by second recording.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Skarstad
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 10:33 PM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: downloading from a site that streams audio but doesn't allow downloads

                                Hi folks

The subject line might seem kind of simple, but it's the only way I can
think of to describe the situation.  Here's what's happening. There's a
specific website that allows you to listen to audio content, but it
doesn't offer links to download said content.  I'm pretty sure there has
to be a way to do it though. it uses an html 5 player, which most
screenreaders can recognize, so listening to the audio is no problem.
It offers podcast feeds, but it only offers the last 10 or so items
posted, and I'd like to get a lot more of it.  At one time it did allow
downloads but has since stopped for whatever reason.  Just so everyone
can have a look, the website is:
http://www.formatchange.com
This is a website that allows you to listen to different radio stations
changing formats. Kind of geeky, but I've been a radio nut for years so
I like this sort of thing and i'm willing to bet others do too. So if
there's any software that'll allow me to capture this audio, I'd love to
get ahold of it and capture some more of this stuff.

Thanks guys!

Chris