Similar story here, I never believe that any company is best at anything let
alone Bose.  My first Bose product was a Bose Wave Radio and - when I got it -
I found the sound amazing though radio performance was very poor, I believe
this has changed in the latest generation of Wave Radio.

Anyhow it didn’t take me long - as I read more and more audiophile reviews on
different products - to question just how good Bose sounded, surely if it was
any good then Audiophiles would be raving about the stuff but the silence was
deafening.

As list members will know, one of my interests is Audio Streaming and it has
been stated by many people at various times that one of the best streaming
clients for AirPlay is the B&W range which includes the A5, A7, Z2 and so on,
if such products were so highly regarded then it seemed sensible to me to plan
and get one which I did, I bought the A5 19 months ago and compared to the Bose
Wave Radio? Well quite frankly the B&W A5 just makes the Bose sound as though
its at the bottom of a hole literally, the Wave System sounds absolutely dull
and boring and I think I’m very much able to appreciate the following
quotation, “No Highs just Lows, that sounds like Bose” <smile>, a little
exaggerated perhaps because the highs are there but they’re swamped by the
loose base.