Hi!
I think there’s a less expensive model of the asus router which has vpn too but 
do not have the ac protocol.
I don’t know much about the ac protocol so i can’t say if i can live without it 
or not?
/A
> On 22 Dec 2015, at 00:19, Dane Trethowan <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> The RTAC3200 is the first Router where I’ve seen a VPN client function, I’ve 
> seen the server function often enough.
> 
> Anyway its just so much more convenient to have the Router do everything in 
> my view, switch on your VPN and go listen to 5 Live Extra on your portable 
> Internet radio on your bedside, go to your Set-Top Box and watch Netflix from 
> the U.S. to get those shows you don’t get in your countries version of 
> Netflix and so on.
> 
> 
>> On 22 Dec 2015, at 9:39 AM, Anders Holmberg <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi!
>> This is one of the pros with the asus router that makes me thinking of 
>> buying one.
>> I really want a vpn sometimes to be able to listen to five live football.
>> /A
>>> 21 dec. 2015 kl. 01:58 skrev Dane Trethowan <[email protected]>:
>>> 
>>> Hi!
>>> 
>>> I’ll try not to make this too technical in order that my email keeps on 
>>> topic.
>>> 
>>> List members will know that a VPN can be used to gain access to content 
>>> networks block such as various sporting events.
>>> 
>>> Up until now I’ve been using a VPN on each computer and activating that to 
>>> listen to say English Football on 5 Live Extra.
>>> 
>>> Now I’ve discovered a more convenient way of doing things at least for me 
>>> and that’s through the Router itself.
>>> 
>>> With the RTAC3200 the user can configure VPN clients.
>>> 
>>> This means that I don’t have to be near a computer to listen to English 
>>> Football events, I can listen on my Logitech Smart Radio, Sangean WR28D or 
>>> any other Internet radio that is connected to my Network.
>>> 
>>> When I’ve finished listening and using the VPN or I wish to change the 
>>> location I just call up the Router Interface, reactive the current location 
>>> I’m using and - if required - activate another.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> **********
>>> Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the 
>>> halfwits in this world behind.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> **********
> Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the 
> halfwits in this world behind.
> 
> 
> 


Reply via email to