I don't know if they'll give you any actual special treatment because you're blind but there are plenty of resources out there such as Applevis, and there is an email list called Mac visionaries. I use Windows 7 and will soon upgrade to 10 so I've no plans to switch o a mac. Far far far too expensive for me especially when I can get a kick-ass windows machine at half the price, and NVDA is free.

On 3/21/2016 3:45 PM, Andy Logue wrote:
Hi Devon and Hamit.

I've always wanted to check out a mac computer but because ive been so brainwashed in Microsoft, I didn't have the self confidence to try it out for myself.

What I was thinking was to keep my old Windows machine active for my mail and so on, but the Mac could sit alone in another room and if I spend some time each day, then I should be able to grasp the basic? eh? Especially if I joined a blind mac list.

One thing I have already found out that my Imac Store, which is in glasgow, will spend up to an hour with a new customer in the shop. Perhaps they may be interessted in offering me a little more start-up time, given my blindness? Worth checking out eh?

Thanks for your ideas guys. For the meantime, I'm going to check out everything I can on the Imac Retina on the webpage.

Thanks again.
Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Devin Prater" <d.pra...@me.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: Thinking seriously on an Imac rather than a new Windows 10

Apple has a getting started guide, right when you turn on a new Mac. Just wait a minute or two then follow the spoken instructions.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 21, 2016, at 11:04 AM, Hamit Campos <hamitcam...@gmail.com> wrote:

An IMac as in the Apple computer? If so there are Mac lists and stuff but you'd have to listen to a lot of podcasts and stuff because you must then now learn Mac OS. If I'm understanding the question correctly. I had learned
Mac OS but I've gotten Rusty.