Hi Tim,

Not entirely, but almost. I still use Sound Forge for most of my editing, but have been getting more proficient at editing in GoldWave the more I use it. When I got my current system (running Windows 7 64-bit), I paid for the upgrade to Sound Forge Pro 11. Almost immediately, I regretted my decision as the program was, for whatever reason, acting sluggishly, it would freeze the system for up to two minutes at random times while I was trying to get work done, and the selection commands were unpredictable. Sometimes they'd work great, but other times material that I hadn't even selected was being affected. Plus, I hated the fade in and out features in the Mixer dialog, as I was used to the way things worked with Sound Forge 6, and didn't need my voice to fade in as music faded out a bit. It finally got to the point where I ended up going back to Sound Forge 6.0E. Compared to Pro 11, it works beautifully, but I sometimes notice some pops and clicks in my recordings at times, though I'm not sure if it's sound card related or not. I also had a heck of a time getting the program registered on this system as it's an out of date version. I had begun playing with GoldWave around this time, and noticed that the recording issue I had with SF wasn't occuring with it. I'll admit, it took awhile to figure out how to edit material, but the more I played with the program, the more I liked, especially things like the Trim command. I also liked the fact that the registration process was much simpler than it is with Sound Forge. Needless to say, when my evaluation period ran out after awhile, I didn't hesitate to buy the lifetime license.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director