From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: 22 July 2016 12:48 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Bowers And Wilkins MM1 Computer Speakers

Yes okay, sorry about the miss-understanding there <smile>, I've read those
complaints too in reviews and - whilst those reviewers are very much entitled
to their viewpoint - I think it trivia givin what the MM3's are but that's
going over old ground again.

Regarding the line-in? You're correct about audio quality depreciating
somewhat, its an analogue line-in after all and the MM1'S are based around
Digital input hence the USB cable from the computer to the MM1's.

Now I can't remember exactly whether the analogue input of the MM1's doubles as
a Toslink 3.5MM digital input? I know the input socket on the
A7 can be used as both analogue and digital, I have the A7 linked to my Sangean
DDR63+ through a digital cable so with that - the DDr63 has DAB+ Radio, CD
Player, Internet Radio, iPod dock etc -, with the A7'S ability to stream
AirPlay and it linked to my computer via USB I have a pretty powerful system to
be going on with.

On 22/07/2016 6:49 PM, André van Deventer wrote:
> Dane
>
> Perhaps I have not expressed myself correctly.  Definitely no one on this
> list has complained about the fact that these speakers do not fill a huge
> room with sound.  But I have read quite a few reviews complaining about this.
>  Perhaps this is what I should have said.
>
> Like you I like the fact that the DAC is actually built into the the speakers
> so that you will only need a USB connection.  I have not tried the 3.5 mm
> input of the speakers yet but according to what I have read the sound quality
> depreciates quite a bit - which makes me think that perhaps much of the
> signal processing is actually done at the DAC stage of the speakers.
>
> André

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves

---