Hi!

It seems the mainstream speaker manufacturers are entering the computer desktop speaker market in droves and its probably about time too given the low quality of computer speakers these days. We've discussed the B&W M1 speakers in the past and now there's another model from Kef that shows us a thing or two when it comes to listening to music and good audio quality from your speakers, the Kef Eggs It shouldn't be too difficult for anyone to guess the shape of these speakers <smile>. Like the B&W M1's the Eggs can plug directly into a computer via its USB port but the system also boasts an Optical In digital connection for other devices such as a TV, Digital radio etc and a sub-wooffer out should you need one. I've not had a chance to listen to these speakers here but the review linked to below seems to suggest that a sub-woofer may not be required in most situations and - having heard a lot of Kef speakers myself - that's how I also imagine things
http://www.whathifi.com/kef/egg/review