Exact Audio Copy is a truly outspend tool.
Its been a good while since I’ve used it given I use my Mac for that sort of
thing so I don’t know where the software is at these days.
First thing I will tell you is that - due to the truly configurable and
customisable nature of Exact Audio Copy - you’ll need to set aside a little
time to get everything up and running and making sure that everything is
performing accurately.
I do know there are tutorials available to help configure Exact Audio Copy so
take a look for those with Google.
And finally, Exact Audio Copy is exactly that, exact when it comes to Ripping
CD’S so don’t be surprised if the software takes an hour or more to rip a
single CD depending on its condition, if Exact Audio copy takes five or so
minutes to rip a CD then its not working properly <smile..
Also be sure to adjust the offsets for your drive correctly and any other
parameters that need attention - dependent on the drive - such as Pre gap
detection, C2 error, data ripping mode etc.
Enjoy your audio.

> On 11 Nov. 2016, at 3:58 pm, Chris Skarstad <rascal0...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>            Hey folks
>
> Subject line basicly tells the story.  I have some cd's that were sent to me,
> and i'd like to rip them to the pc, but i'd like to make them sound as good
> as possible.  I am a huge fan of FLAC, or free lossless audio codec files.
> The file size is a bit larger but the sound quality is supurb if you're
> listening on a good system.  Looking online, I saw many people mention a
> program called Exact Audio copy, which has been around for years, does anyone
> on here have experience using that?  My hope is to convert the cd's to flac
> files, and use the cd database to grab the song titles from the internet.  I
> was thinking of using CDEX, but sadly, i've never been able to get the CDDB,
> or Gracenote
>
> servers to find anything.  Anyone know anything about this?  Thanks for any
> ideas folks.
> Chris

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.