Exactly the problem!

André

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Reed
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:58 PM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: RE: How to record phone calls - How-To - PC Advisor

Hello,

I have a tiny device that I have plugged into a splitter which is plugged into
the phone jack on the wall.  The second side of the splitter holds the line to
the phone.  I have the other end of my tiny device plugged into my Bookport
input jack.  This works great when running my Bookport on battery power.  When
I use AC power for the Bookport, the AC hum is so loud as to render the
recording useless.  So, I really understand your issue.  If you find a useable
device, I'd love to hear about it.

Another option for you might be to use a device that used to be available at
Radio Shack that would reduce AC hum.
You would plug this device into your AC plug on the wall, plug your recorder
into this device and the AC hum was significantly reduced.  I haven't looked
for or heard of this device for years.  So, I don't know if it is still
available.  Just another angle...

Reed