Do you shout during the music?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy" <meikle.ai...@btinternet.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 6:23 PM
Subject: Editing WAV file with Goldwave

Hi again all.

I would have sent this request to the Goldwave list, of which I am a member, but have lost their email address.

But this enquiry is also very much a PC Audio question and I'm sure there are members who could put me straight.

I recorded my local quire using my Zoom and ended up with a large WAV file.

I know how to chop it up into tracks using GW, but, and I need to be honest here, I was rather drunk when I was recording the concert and sitting too closely to my tripod, so this lovely recording is runed by the loud shouting and clapping from a drunk and I want to cut, me, out!

I've got a copy of John Wilsons book concerning goldwave editing commands and what it says is place a left bracket at the start of the offending piece of recording and then a right bracket, at the end of it and then simply press the delete key and the offensive material should be deleted.

Problem is when I do this I delete all of the file completely.

I cannot find the left or right bracket keys on my keyboard, but I have found the left and right perin keys. Are they not the same thing guys or am I missing something?

Any advice with this one would be fantastic as I really did mess up much of the recording with my enthusiasm and apart from my audio presence, the recording turned out rather very nice.

Very best wishes.

Andy.

From Scotland with Love.