From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 6:23 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Editing WAV file with Goldwave

Hi again all.

I would have sent this request to the Goldwave list, of which I am a member,
but have lost their email address.

But this enquiry is also very much a PC Audio question and I'm sure there
are members who could put me straight.

I recorded my local quire using my Zoom and ended up with a large WAV file.

I know how to chop it up into tracks using GW, but, and I need to be honest
here, I was rather drunk when I was recording the concert and sitting too
closely to my tripod, so this lovely recording is runed by the loud shouting
and clapping from a drunk and I want to cut, me, out!

I've got a copy of John Wilsons book concerning goldwave editing commands
and what it says is place a left bracket at the start of the offending piece
of recording and then a right bracket, at the end of it and then simply
press the delete key and the offensive material should be deleted.

Problem is when I do this I delete all of the file completely.

I cannot find the left or right bracket keys on my keyboard, but I have
found the left and right perin keys.  Are they not the same thing guys or am
I missing something?

Any advice with this one would be fantastic as I really did mess up much of
the recording with my enthusiasm and apart from my audio presence, the
recording turned out rather very nice.

Very best wishes.

Andy.