Don,

Would that explain why I am getting this?  (from pca -I --debug)

Looking for 141414-08 (1/3)
Trying http://sunsolve.sun.com/ (1/5)
/usr/sfw/bin/wget
"http://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=141414-08&method=h"; --execute
http_proxy=http://xxx:8080 --header="Authorization: Basic
dW5peC5hZG1pbnNAemltbWVyLmNvbTp0b3l3aW5kb3dz" -O  /pca/141414-08.tmp
--08:30:53--  http://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=141414-08&method=h
           => `/pca/141414-08.tmp'
Resolving proxy-server... xxx.xxx.xx.xx
Connecting to proxy-server|xxx.xxx.xx.xx|:8080... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily
Location: https://getupdates2.sun.com/all_unsigned/141414-08.zip [following]
--08:30:54--  https://getupdates2.sun.com/all_unsigned/141414-08.zip
           => `/pca/141414-08.tmp'
Resolving getupdates2.sun.com... 198.232.168.157
Connecting to getupdates2.sun.com|198.232.168.157|:443... failed: Connection
refused.
Failed

When I point my web browser there I get:

The proxy was unable to fulfill your request because it could not contact the
computer at getupdates2.sun.com:80 (Reached maximum of 192 servers).

The website may be temporarily unavailable. If later attempts to access this
website are still unsuccessful, you may wish to contact the website's
administrator.

I know it isn't our proxy because I can get out to other sites just fine.

---
Jon Whitehouse
Systems Engineer - IT, Server Support
MS 5221