Jeff Wieland wrote:
> There was a time, maybe circa 2003-4, when one could download any patch
> without a contract.  Of course back then you had to pay real money for
> Solaris -- you could not download it for free.

Hm. Solaris 8 was free for machines with up to 8 processors. It was
released at the beginning of year 2000, IIRC. I think the policy changed
with Solaris 9, after the dot.com crash, and it was free for machines with
smaller number of CPUs. One or two, probably, but my memory is hazy.

I don't recall all patches being free at any point in time, but I stopped
working with Solaris in 2003 and came back very recently.

--
 .-.   .-.    Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely
(_  \ /  _)   ceremonial.