Hi Dennis and all,

as reported, patch downloads stopped to work yesterday. The first problem was that there seems to be a new certificate used for HTTPS on login.oracle.com, signed by different CA certificates than before.

While this problem could be worked around, patch downloads still failed as login.oracle.com answered all authentication requests with "401 Unauthorized". This second problem seems to have gone away (or fixed by Oracle) over night.

I fixed the problem with the HTTPS certs by including the necessary CA certs in the current development release of PCA:

  http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/develop/pca

Please try that and see if the downloads work again and let me know about it. I will then release a new stable release of PCA.

Martin.