We purchased the extended support for Solaris 10 through a VAR that has handled
support for us (OS and compliers) for a single old machine we have running a
custom app on SPARC about a month ago (app and required hardware driver won’t
work on 11).  We requested a price in late March and did the purchase in early
April.

Earlier this week, pca downloaded the 12 patches (kernel, tomcat, apache, and
so on) that were previously denied when pca was able to download the Java
updates so apparently the support upgrade went through.

So for me, pca was able to list various recent patches for Solaris 10 SPARC
since 10 went into Extended support earlier this year and now pca can actually
download appropriate new updated patches using my login/password at Oracle.

Stuart