Hi,

I have a general query on the extension. If the usage is limited to SR
Policy, is it not a good idea to encode this within the SR policy
association group? I find the use of RP objects to be limiting as it is not
used in the PCRpt, PCUpd, and PCInitiate messages.

You are already creating a new TLV called SR Policy Candidate Path Flag TLV
at the CP level, you can also create another TLV called SR Policy
Redundancy TLV at the SR Policy level and include the fields that you
require. Note that the association can be used in PCReq message as well and
thus can meet your requirement for just path computation as well.

Also I urge you to check out existing mechanism to signal protection before
you introduce another TLV for it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!
Dhruv