Adrian, Hi!

Thanks for bringing this to the WG's attention!

I don't think this issue warrants anything other than (1) from your list of
actions.
This isn't much of an issue from a deployment/operational point of view. If
an RSVP-TE implementation chose to add (either deliberately or erroneously)
a sub-object of type 36 (or 40 or some other PCEP-only type that gets added
in the future) in the ERO/SERO, there is sufficient text in RFC3209
(sections 4.3.4.1 and 4.3.6) that explains what a recipient-node needs to
do when it encounters an unknown sub-object. If an unknown sub-object shows
up in the RRO/SRRO, the expected behavior on the node processing the
recorded information is to ignore the sub-object (Section 4.4.5 of RFC3209).

Regards,
-Pavan (as a WG participant)