I have some suggestions regarding this listserv.  I recently joined after
hearing that PCES had opened up a listserv.  Several Bay Area insect
enthusiasts and I have been discussing how we could ask identification
questions, discuss new finds and arrange field trips.  This listserv might
meet those needs but I'm unsure what the policies will be.

I suggest opening up the listserv to nonmembers as well as members.  This
will allow enthusiasts to get involved in the Society, get updates and
announcements and presumably then become dues paying members.  There seems
to be plenty of interest in insects in our area but there is not an easy
online forum for sharing those interests.  I doubt there will be much of a
problem with spam and trolls, and I am willing to assist with moderation of
the listserv.

A couple of examples of successful open forums are Entomo-L and Sam Droege's
Beemonitoring Yahoo Group:

https://listserv.uoguelph.ca/cgi-bin/wa?A0=ENTOMO-L

Thanks for considering my suggestions.

Brad Kelley