At 10:30 PM -0200 01/23/2006, MaGioZal wrote:
on 1/23/06 4:04 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 UDF support in Mac OS X is, well, stone age.
 There is some minimal low-performance support for
 UDF 1.0.2 in updated Jaguar/Panther/Tiger.  Apple
 has made a feeble attempt to improve UDF support
 in Tiger, but it's still buggy, slow, and
 embarressingly behind the PC world.  There are
 some not-free 3rd party packages that support UDF
 1.5 and 2, but they're not very good quality
 either.

 Bottom line:  As I was told by a guy at Apple's
 genius bar last week, and again by phone support
 -- for advanced UDF operations, it's best to use
 a PC.  "advanced" == reading all those UDF discs
 that work fine in OS 9 but can't be read in OS X.

Wel, I can read my Mavica-formatted CD-Rs using Joliet Volume Access
extension in Mac OS 9.

Joliet is an (originally) MS-proprietary enhancement of ISO-9660. Nothing to do with UDF.

- Dan.

 --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:pci-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal