Hi,

I don't think so. In WebKit we did some OpenCL optimizations, but I am not sure
the general concept of a backtracking, NFA based engine is suitable for OpenCL.
At least the whole engine is surely way too big. Perhaps something like the JIT
compiler could work, just generating C like code for OpenCL. But uploading the
input could be too expensive, and searching only the first match is difficult,
since I am not sure that other running kernels could be stopped when the first
occurrence is found. Perhaps a DFA based engine is better for such purpose, but
the first occurrence issues are still similar. OpenCL is a powerful tool, but I
am not sure this is an ideal use case for it.

Regards,
Zoltan

james jones <james.voip+ker...@gmail.com> írta:
>Has anyone gotten PCRE ported for OpenCL or Cuda?>

-James>
-- >
## List details at https://lists.exim.org/mailman/listinfo/pcre-dev >